When you access and browse our website we collect and process some of your personal data; for example, if you access the contents for job applicants. In particular, we might collect the following information concerning you: [ID and technical information on your PC, tablet or mobile phone, your IP number, the pages you visited].
Cookies are short texts enabling the web server to store information on the user’s device (PC, tablet, smartphone, etc.), which can be either temporary (session cookies), used during a single visit to a website, or are retained and can be used even days later (persistent cookies). Cookies are stored through the browser (a special programme for navigating the Internet), based on user preferences. Technologies of this type, such as web beacons, clear GIFs and all types of local storage introduced through HTML5, can be used to collect information on your browsing experience.
2. TYPES OF COOKIES
There are various types of cookies, based on their characteristics and use:
These are used for browsing purposes and to provide any services requested by the user. In particular, they include the following:
- session cookies are necessary for the proper operation of a website. They are temporal cookies and their duration is strictly limited to the work session (and are deleted after the session is completed or the web browser closed). The data processing through these cookies is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party (art. 6(1)(b) of the GDPR);
- analytics cookies are similar to technical cookies, being used directly by the website manager to collect aggregate data on the number of users and how they visit the site. These cookies are not deleted at the end of the session, when the browser is closed, but are retained by the computer until the expiration date set for them (e.g., at the end of the calendar year) or until they are deleted.
They can be used in such a manner that, when you access the website once again the Bending Spoons server automatically recognises your computer and gives it a “label”, without, however, identifying it, for the purpose of ensuring a customised browsing experience and remembering the parameters of use. For more detailed information on how to manage and delete cookies see the paragraph below on “Managing cookies”. The data processed through these cookies is necessary for the performance of the contract to which you are party (art. 6(1)(b) of the GDPR);
- functionality cookies enable the user to browse a site based on certain specific criteria (e.g. language), to improve the overall service. These cookies are not deleted after the browser is closed but are retained by the computer until the expiration date set for them (e.g., until the end of the calendar year) or until they are deleted.
They can be used so that, when you access the website once again the Bending Spoons server automatically recognises your computer and gives it a “label”, without, however, identifying it, for the purpose of ensuring a customised browsing experience and remembering the parameters of use. For more detailed information on how to manage and delete cookies see the paragraph below on “Managing cookies”. The data processed through these cookies is necessary for the performance of the contract to which you are party (art. 6(1)(b) of the GDPR).
The bendingspoons.com website makes use of the profiling cookies used by Bending Spoons S.p.A. and any third parties. They are cookies used to track a user’s overall activity while browsing the bendingspoons.com site, and to create a profile of the user’s tastes, habits, choices, etc., for Internet advertising purposes, in line with your preferences as revealed while browsing. The use of these cookies, and related data processing, is optional, which means that the user may accept or refuse the cookies, at any time, simply by disabling them via the browser settings. A refusal of these cookies will entail the impossibility to receive tailored advertisements. Such cookies are not deleted when the browser is closed but are retained by the computer until the expiration date set for them (e.g., the end of the calendar year) or until they are deleted. Users may easily delete all the cookies installed in the cookie folder simply by following the procedure indicated by the browser (see the “Managing cookies” paragraph below). Please be reminded that some of the characteristics and functionalities of the website may not be available once the cookies are disabled. The processing of personal data by these cookies requires your consent, by scrolling (art. 6(1)(a) of the GDPR).
3. THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
So-called “third-party” cookies are set by a different website from the one the user is browsing. This is because each site may feature certain elements (images, maps, sounds, specific links to web pages located in another domain, etc.) that reside in a different server.
Bending Spoons cannot control the operation of Third-Party cookies.
4. MANAGING COOKIES
You are free to decide whether or not to accept any cookies by setting your browser accordingly.
Totally or partially disabling the technical cookies, however, may limit or prevent the use of the website functionalities reserved to registered users.
On the contrary, public contents may continue to be used even after totally disabling the cookies.
Disabling “third-party” cookies does not impair browsing in any way.
The settings may vary from one web site or application to another. Furthermore, the most commonly used browsers feature different settings for “proprietary” and “third-party” cookies.
5. SHARING THE INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE COOKIES
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You may contact the Data Controller, in writing, by means of a registered letter with proof of receipt addressed to the Company’s headquarters, or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, to exercise your rights to access, modify, delete or object to the processing of your personal data (as set out in the Privacy Provisions), or to obtain:
- confirmation of any personal data concerning you, even if they have not yet been registered, and its communication in an intelligible form;
- information about the origin of the data, the processing purposes, the categories of the relevant personal data, the Data Controller and processor, the entities, or categories of entities, to which the data may be disclosed or which may acquire the data as data processors or entities engaged and authorised to process your data, and the storage time or, if this is not possible, the criteria for its determination;
- the updating, rectification or completion of the data concerning you, the erasure, the pseudonymisation or blocking of any data processed in breach of the law, including those the storage of which is unnecessary for the purposes for which they were collected or subsequently processed, the certification that the required activities have been notified, also with regard to their contents, to the entities to which the data has been communicated or disclosed, except where this requirement is impossible to perform or entail the use of manifestly disproportionate resources compared to the protected right.
Furthermore, you may also request the restriction of processing of any data concerning you and the transfer of your data to a different controller (the so-called “right to data portability”) and to object, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of any data concerning you, even if relevant to the collection purposes.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Italian Data Protection Authority and/or other competent control authorities.
The Personal Data Controller is Bending Spoons S.p.A., based in Corso Como 15, Milan (Italy).
Please email any requests relating to the processing of any personal data concerning you to email@example.com.